This Shrimp Fried Rice is my absolute fave. It's simple, quick and easy to make. Easy to customize by adding your favourite veggies. If you love fried rice this recipe is the best!
WHY YOU'LL LOVE THIS RECIPE
- quick and easy to make.
- easy to customize by adding your favourite mix-ins.
- the best left-over rice recipe.
- better than Chinese take out!
INGREDIENTS NEEDED FOR SHRIMP FRIED RICE
- Rice: cooked white rice or brown works great for this recipe.
- Shrimp: must haves!
- Veggies: carrots, green peas and corn.
- Soy Sauce: this recipe uses low - sodium soy sauce. Add less if you are using dark or traditional soy sauce.
- Oyster Sauce: it gives seafood taste for this recipe. You can find them in any grocery store or asian store.
- Butter: use unsalted butter. I use them for shrimp and also good to make fried rice.
Step 1: In over medium heat pan, melt butter. Add minced garlic and shrimp. If you are using fresh shrimp season with salt and pepper and cook them for 2-3 minutes flipping halfway through. Once cooked, set it aside.
Step 2: On the same pan, melt some butter. Add onion and remaining of the garlic. Sauté until translucent. Add in carrots, peas and corn. Cook for 2-3 minutes until vegetables begins to soften.
Step 3: Add cooked rice and shrimp. Season with soy sauce and oyster sauce.
Step 4: Drizzle with green onions and serve while hot!
Why Left-over rice is better?
Cold or Left-over rice: The reason why cold rice/left over rice is better than freshly cooked rice is they are much crispier because it's been dehydrated. I suggest to use left over rice when making fried rice.
Did you make Shrimp Fried Rice today? I'd love to hear in the comment section below. Or let's get social! Follow and tag me on Facebook and Instagram.
Shrimp Fried Rice
- 2 tablespoon butter unsalted
- 1 small red onion finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- ¼ cup carrots finely chopped
- ¼ cup corn
- ¼ cup green peas
- 2½ cups cooked rice
- 1-2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon oyster sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- In over medium heat pan, melt butter. Add minced garlic and shrimp. Season shrimp with salt and pepper. Cook for 2-3 minutes. Set it aside.
- On the same pan, melt some butter. Add onion and remaining of the minced garlic. Sauté until translucent. Add carrots, green peas and corn. Cook for 2-3 minutes untill vegetables are softened.
- Add in cooked rice and shrimp. Season with soy sauce and oyster sauce. Mix everything together until evenly distributed.
- Drizzle green onion and serve right away.
Leave a Reply