Beef Salpicao recipe is a quick, easy and tender beef recipe packed with umami flavours. The best part is you can have it ready in under 20 minutes. Let this savoury recipe take you away.
Tender beef with full of umami flavours and cooked to perfection will make Beef Salpicao your new favourite Filipino dish.
This is one of my favourite dishes to make at home because it's very quick and easy to prepare, and only a few ingredients are needed! Also make this beef curry at home too.
What is Beef Salpicao?
In the Philippines Salpicao recipe refers to a quick and easy stir-fry dish. This Beef Salpicao dish features tender chunks of steak cooked and then flavoured with an incredible sauce.
The secret to this seasoning is Oyster sauce and Worcestershire sauce. Are you salivating yet?
The origins of this dishes name once again most likely came via the Spanish. Many Filipino dishes have influence from Spain due the longtime colonization of the Philippines.
This tasty dish is perfect for any time of day, even as breakfast. Let's start cooking!
- Beef: you can use rib-eye steak, sirloin, or tenderloin beef cut them into small pieces.
- Oyster sauce: this gives the umami flavour of the dish.
- Worcestershire sauce: worcestershire sauce has sweet, tangy, and little bit of spiciness. It adds more flavour.
- Garlic: lots of garlic for extra garlicky. I used about 5 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced. Feel free to adjust garlic or depending to taste preference.
- Butter: unsalted butter. If you are using salted butter you might have to adjust the salt when marinating.
- Oil: canola, vegetable or peanut oil works fine.
How to make it
Step 1. Marinate beef with cornstarch, salt and pepper in a mixing bowl for 10 minutes. Mix until well combined. Add oi, melt butter and sautè garlic for 1 minute until lightly brown.
Step 2. Add beef and sear for 1 minute each sides.
Step 3. Stir in worcestershire-oyster sauce mixture. Cook for another 3 to 5 minutes.
Step 4. Serve over rice and enjoy!
You can also serve Beef Salpicao with this Garlic Butter Fried Rice.
- To store leftovers, transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 3 days.
More Beef Recipes
What to make next
- 1 pound beef cut into 1-inch cubes
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- In a mixing bowl, add beef. Add in corntarch, season with salt and pepper and marinate for 10 minutes.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine worcestershire sauce, oyster sauce and brown sugar. Mix well until combined.
- In a medium heat pan, add oil and melt butter. Add garlic and sautè for 1 minute until lightly brown.
- Increase the heat to medium-high. Add the beef cubes in one layer and sear on 1 side for about 1 minute. Flip beef and sear for another 1 minute. Don't overcook beef.
- Pour in worcestershire-oyster sauce mixture. Continue to cook for about 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat. Serve over rice rice and enjoy!