Are you looking for some easy Mango based summer treats? Then, these Mango Graham Shakes are the perfect summer treat that is perfectly sweet and refreshing. Sure to be enjoyed by your family and friends.
What is Mango Graham Shakes?
Mango Graham Shakes are a popular and beloved dessert in the Philippines. It is creamy and luscious which showcases the blend of ripe mangoes, layered with graham crumbs and a touch of sweet cream mixture.
It's perfect for a mid-day pick-me-up or a delightful way to end a dinner party. If it's hot and sunny then mix up a batch of these refreshing treats.
- Mango: Choose sweet and ripe mangoes for the best flavor. You'll need about 2 large mangoes
- Milk: Use the chilled milk of your choice, such as whole milk, low-fat milk, or almond milk.
- Sugar: I am using granulated white sugar. Depending on the sweetness of the mangoes, you may choose to add sugar or a sweetener of your choice to enhance the sweetness.
- Graham Crumbs: These provide a delightful crunch and a touch of sweetness to the shake. I am using graham crumbs.
- Ice Cubes: Don't forget about the ice cubes or ice crushed. It helps the drinks cold and refreshing.
- Whipped cream: for touch of sweetness.
This recipe is made with 6 ingredients. With these simple ingredients you can create a delightful treat that captures the essence of tropical bliss.
Mango Graham Shakes are best enjoyed fresh, as the graham crackers may lose their crunchiness over time.
If you have leftover mango shakes (mango-milk mixture), cover the glass or dish tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 24 hours. Then layer the graham crackers when ready to serve.
This recipes uses fresh mangoes because of it's natural sweetness and flavour. I recommend to use fresh mangoes when making Mango Shakes with grahams.
It's best to assemble and serve them immediately to maintain the crispness of the graham crackers. However, you can prepare the mango-milk mixture in advance and keep it refrigerated. Then layer the graham crackers when ready to serve.
Yes of course! You can make Avocado Graham Shakes just substitute mango with avocado.
Graham crackers are commonly used for mango shakes. However, feel free to experiment with other types if desired. The closest biscuits to use is Lotus Biscoff cookies.
What to make next
Mango Graham Shakes
- 2 large mangoes reserve a few mango slices for toppings
- ½ cup milk add ¼ cup of milk if don't want thicker
- 3 tablespoon white sugar taste and add sugar or sweetener if desired
- 1 tray ice cubes about 14 cubes
- ½ cup graham crumbs
- whipped cream toppings
- Peel and slice the ripe mangoes. Reserve a few mango slices or cubes for garnishing.
- In a blender, combine the sliced mangoes, milk, and ice cubes. Blend until smooth and creamy. Taste and add sugar or sweetener if desired, based on the sweetness of the mangoes.
- Take a tall glass or dessert dish and start layering the ingredients. Begin with a layer of crushed graham crackers at the bottom of the glass.
- Pour a layer of the mango shakes over the graham crackers. Spread it evenly with a spoon.
- Repeat the layers, starting with another layer of crushed graham crackers, followed by the mango shakes. Top the Mango Graham Shake with a generous dollop of whipped cream.
- Garnish the shake with a sprinkle of graham cracker crumbs and the reserved mango slices or cubes. Serve immediately!