You wouldn't believe these muffins are made from Papaya. Yes! These Papaya Muffins are light, sweet and perfectly fluffy. Great for breakfast, snacks or you can eat them anytime of the day!
What is Papaya?
Papaya is a SUPERFOOD. It has so many natural health benefits not to mention it's very versatile in the kitchen. You can eat it for breakfast as is or make a papaya smoothie, or any part of the day for that matter. It is great for curbing your hunger cravings.
In the Philippines, Papaya is very popular. Much like the Mango, they are grown in abundance. Green Papaya can also be added to soups for flavour. I found some beautiful Papaya at the produce aisle and decided to make some muffins. I hope you enjoy these light and fluffy Papaya Muffins.
ingredients needed for papaya muffins
- Flour: all purpose flour.
- Oil: vegetable oil or olive oil works fine for this recipe.
- Eggs: we need 4 eggs.
- Sugar: about 1 cup of white sugar.
- Papaya: we need ripe papaya, seeded and mashed. This recipe does not go well with green papaya so make sure to use ripe one.
- Baking powder: make sure to use baking powder not baking soda.
- Salt: balances the sweetness.
- Vanilla Extract
How to make Papaya Muffins
Step 1. Cut Papaya in halves and remove seeds using spoon.
Step 2. Scoop papaya into bowl and mashed.
Step 3. In a large mixing bowl combine wet ingredients; oil, eggs, vanilla extract, sugar and mashed papaya. Whisk until combine.
Step 4. In a separate mixing bowl; combine flour, salt and baking powder. Stir in flour mixture over wet ingredients. Mix until everything is incorporated.
Step 5. Spoon batter into prepared tins. Fill muffin pan about ⅔ full. Bake on a 350 F oven for 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let it cool for 5 minutes and enjoy!
Are you looking for Dessert ideas?
- mango graham float
- ube chocolate chip cookies
- creamy maja blanca
- avocado graham shake
- glazed banana bread
- muffins pan
- 2 cups flour
- 3 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 4 medium eggs
- 1 cup papaya seeded and mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 12-count muffin pan with nonstick spray or use cupcake liners.
- Cut Papaya in halves and remove seeds using spoon.
- Scoop papaya into bowl and mashed.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine wet ingredients; oil, eggs, vanilla extract and sugar.
- Whisk well until combine.
- In a separate mixing bowl; combine dry ingredients; flour, salt and baking powder. Stir in flour mixture over wet ingredients. Mix until everything is incorporated.
- Mix until everything is incorporated.
- Spoon the batter into prepared tin or muffin pan. Fill muffin pan about ⅔ full.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Allow the muffins to cool for 5 minutes in the muffin pan, then transfer to a wire rack to continue cooling.