This simple and easy to throw together Hoisin Chicken and Broccoli Stir-Fry is sweet and full of umami flavour. Add a dash of sriracha sauce and you have yourself an incredible Asian inspired dish.
There is a good reason that stir frying is so popular around the world. They are not only quick and easy, they also can be very healthy.
A perfect stir fry only requires a small amount of oil, and this method of cooking thevegetables retains more nutrients. The smells, textures and process of stir frying make it a go to in our kitchen.
Why You'll Love this Recipe
- Balanced simplicity for great taste
- Only Few Ingredients Needed
- Great for Beginners
- Packed with Protein to keep you going
- Easily Customizable
Stir Frying is a great way to hone your skills and bolster your creativity in the kitchen. You really can stir in as many combinations of vegetables as you like.
You can also add noodles, check out my Easy Stir Fried Vermicelli recipe. The same option goes for your protein. Stir fries with beef, tofu, and other meats are all there for you to try.
I hope you will like this tasty Hoisin Chicken and Broccoli Stir Fry for it's sweetness and simplicity.
- Chicken: I used boneless and skinless chicken thighs. You can also use chicken breast for this recipe.
- Hoisin sauce: this recipes uses store bought hoisin sauce. You will find them in Grocery store at international isle.
- Broccoli: broccoli crowns and cut them into florets.
- Onion: red, white or yellow works fine.
- Garlic: about 4 cloves of garlic.
- Sesame seeds: for garnish, optional.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Oil: about 2 tablespoon of oil. Olive, Canola or Vegetable oil works fine.
Step 1. Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces. In over medium heat pan, drizzle oil. Pan fry chicken for 4-5 minutes or until brown. Set it aside.
Step 2. Sautè onion until translucent. Add garlic and stir for 1-2 minutes.
Step 3. Add in broccoli and stir for 2-3 minutes until broccoli are tender.
Step 4. Add back chicken and hoisin sauce. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir until well combined.
Step 5. Serve over rice and garnish some sesame seeds.
You can also add sriracha if you want it spicy. I added mine and it sooo good!
Looking for more Asian inspired recipes?
- soy glazed chicken thighs
- asian meatballs recipe
- shrimp yaki udon
- tonkatsu pork chops
- soy sauce noodles
- sweet chili chicken drumsticks
- shrimp fried rice
Did you make Hoisin Chicken and Broccoli Stir-fry today? I’d love to hear on the comment section below. Or let’s get social! Follow and tag me on Facebook and Instagram.
Hoisin Chicken and Broccoli Stir-fry
- 1 pound chicken thighs boneless and skinless, cut Into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 small onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- ¼ cup hoisin sauce store bought
- 2-3 tablespoon water more if needed
- salt and pepper to taste
- In over medium heat pan, add 1 tablespoon of oil. Add chicken and sear until cook through and golden brown. Remove the chicken from the pan.
- In the same pan, add another 1 tablespoon of oil. Sautè onion for 2 minutes or until translucent. Add garlic and sautè for another 1 minute.
- Add in broccoli and stir fry for 2 minutes until vibrant and tender. Add back chicken, stir in hoisin sauce and water.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir fry for further 2 minutes until sauce is incorporated.
- Serve over rice and enjoy!
Leave a Reply