These Ube Sugar Cookies are so easy to make and made with only 4 ingredients. These delightful purple-hued cookies are a twist on the classic sugar cookie, with the unique ube flavor.
Who doesn't love Ube? I have always been fascinated with the deep purple color and of course (the taste). That's why I have so many Ube recipes In the site.
Why you'll love this recipe
- very simple to make and made with just 4 ingredients.
- very basic baking process.
- crispier on the outside and slightly chewy in the center.
- pretty purple with distinct ube flavour!
What is Ube?
Ube is a popular purple yam in the Philippines. It is a root vegetable with a vibrant purple color and a sweet, nutty flavor.
It is used in a variety of Filipino desserts, such as ube halaya, ice cream, cakes, and pastries. Ube is deeply ingrained in Filipino culinary culture and is loved for its unique taste and beautiful hue.
- Flour: All Purpose Flour.
- Sugar: granulated white sugar.
- Butter: softened unsalted butter.
- Ube: we are using Ube Extract/Flavour, you will find them at any Asian grocery store.
How to make it
Step 1. Beat sugar and butter until fluffy. Add ube extract and ube flour mix until well combined.
Step 2. Scoop a tablespoon of cookie dough and form into a ball.
Step 3. Roll into sugar and transfer to the baking sheets 2 inches apart.
Step 4. Flatten the dough using a glass.
Step 5. Bake at preheated 325 F for 13-15 minutes or until the edges are slightly brown.
Step 6. Transfer ube sugar cookies to a cooling rack to cool completely. Serve and enjoy!
- Using a cookie scoop. To achieved a uniform cookie sizes you can use cookie scoop/ice cream scoop.
- Leave a space. Make sure to leave a space between cookies as they spread when baking.
- Cool completely. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 8-10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. This will ensure cookies to firm up and maintain their shape.
Before storing, make sure the cookies have cooled completely on a wire rack. Place cookies in an airtight container in single layers with parchment paper in between. They will last up to 5 days in countertops.
You can add a bit more ube extract to your cookies to enhance the flavor.
Absolutely! You can top ube cookies with sprinkles.
More Ube Recipes
Easy Ube Sugar Cookies Recipe (4 Ingredients)
- ½ cup unsalted butter softened
- ½ cup sugar and 2 tablespoon sugar for coating
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- ¾ teaspoon ube extract
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the softened butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the ube extract to the butter mixture and mix until well combined.
- Add in flour. Mix in low speed until flour is completely incorporated. Your dough will look crumbly at first. Scrape down the side to make sure the butter is not sticking. Increase speed to medium once the flour is incorporated. Continue mixing until all the dough sticks together into one clump.
- Scoop a tablespoon of cookie dough and roll it between your palms to form a ball shape. Roll into sugar and transfer to the baking sheets.
- Press the dough down using glass or palm to flatten. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Bake cookies about 13-15 minutes or until edges start to brown. Let cookies cool on baking sheet before removing.
- This recipe makes about 12 cookies.
- You can add bit more of ube extract for stronger ube flavor.
- These cookies are crispier on the outside and slightly chewy in the center. They are different than shortbread cookies
- To achieved a uniform cookie sizes you can use cookie scoop/ice cream scoop.
- Make sure to leave a space between cookies as they spread when baking.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 8-10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. This will ensure cookies to firm up and maintain their shape.