This quick, simple and easy to prepare Tofu and Mushrooms Stir Fry is ready in 15 minutes. Serve it over rice and you will have a delicious healthy meal.
Why you'll love this recipe
- quick recipe, ready in 15 minutes.
- very simple to make with few ingredients.
- stir-fry is so easy to make, toss everything in one wok.
- so versatile you can add more veggies like broccoli and carrots.
- it's also budget friendly!
This Tofu and Mushrooms Stir Fry is one of my my favorite go to recipes for dinner. These simple, hearty ingredients are typically stocked in my fridge and of course they are budget friendly.
This particular recipe is also very versatile, so you can add your favourite veggies in if you like.
One of things I love about this recipe is the simplicity and spiciness. Feel free to adjust your spice level to your preference.
- tofu: we are using extra firm tofu. It's best to use extra firm because it holds its shape.
- mushrooms: for this recipe, we are using white mushrooms. You can also use shitake, brown mushrooms or your personal preference.
- bell peppers: red, green or orange bell peppers work great.
- onion: white, red onion or shallots works fine.
- oyster sauce: for umami flavour. You can also substitute it with vegetarian oyster sauce.
- sesame oil
- garlic and ginger
- chili flakes and sesame seeds: optional
How to make Tofu and Mushrooms Stir Fry
Step 1. Pan fry tofu for 2-3 minutes both sides until golden brown and set it aside.
Step 2. Sautè onion, garlic and ginger until fragrants.
Step 3. Add in bell peppers and stir for a minute.
Step 4. Stir in mushrooms, add back tofu and mix for another 1-2 minutes.
Step 5. Mix oyster sauce, sesame oil and water in a bowl. Pour in sauce over tofu and mushrooms, season with salt and pepper to taste. Continue to cook for 5 minutes until mushrooms are tender.
Step 6. Stir in chili flakes and mix until well combined.
Step 7. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds and serve with rice.
Storing & Reheating
Store Tofu and Mushrooms Stir Fry in an airtight container for up to 4-5 days.
Reheat leftovers in stove top or microwave. For stove top, reheat in a wok over medium-low heat for 5 minutes or until warmed. And using microwave, place in a microwave-safe bowl, cover the bowl with a damp paper towel and reheat in 30-second increments until hot. This will prevent veggies from drying out.
Looking for more Stir Fries recipe?
- hoisin chicken and broccoli stir fry
- easy stir fried vermicelli
- tofu green bean stir fry
- ginisang sayote
- shrimp yaki udon
- pan fried soy sauce noodles
- garlic butter fried rice
Did you make Tofu and Mushrooms Stir Fry today? I’d love to hear on the comment section below. Also follow and tag me on Facebook and Instagram.
Tofu and Mushrooms Stir Fry
- ½ block (454 grams) extra firm tofu cute into cubes
- 2 cups mushrooms sliced
- 1 piece shallots sliced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon ginger grated
- ½ cup bell peppers sliced
- 1½ tablespoon oil
- 2 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 4 tbsp water
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds toasted, toppings
- ¼ teaspoon chili flakes optional
- Cut tofu into cubes.
- In over medium skillet, heat about 1½ tablespoon of oil. Pan fry tofu for 2-3 minutes both sides or until brown. Set it aside.
- In the same skillet, sautè onion, garlic and ginger until fragrants. Add in bell peppers and stir for a minute.
- Add in mushrooms.
- Add back tofu and stir for another 1-2 minutes.
- Mix oyster sauce, sesame oil and water in a bowl.
- Pour in sauce, season with salt and pepper to taste. Continue to cook for 2-3 minutes until mushrooms are tender.
- Stir in chili flakes and mix until well combined. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds and serve over rice.
Leave a Reply